This blog has moved to http://www.i2mobile.com.br/pt/category/blog/
You can also follow us on Twitter: @i2mobilebr
Mobilepedia, the biggest mobile marketing news portal in Brazil, featured The Famous Grouse for iPad, created by i2. The application was developed to integrate The Famous Grouse whisky campaign in Northeast Brazil, coordinated by Hagua media agency.
Here’s the link for the full article.
Here are the links for both articles:
- Revista MENSCH chega à App Store usando ferramenta de publicação da i2 Mobile Solutions | MacMagazine
- Revista Masculina disponível para iPad
The MENSCH application is available for free on the App Store and was created the innovative Primatio engine, developed by i2, a fast publishing tool that allows the creation of magazine and newspapers for iPad and HTML5 in 24 hours.
Apple’s App Store has finally reached the magical number of 500,000 published applications. The mark is historical, but symbolic, considering only 400,000 are currently available for download (several were taken down and modified during all these years).
Some specialists point out that Google’s Android Market may surpass App Store by the end of July, 2011. Take a look at the beautiful infrographic created to celebrate the 500 thousand mark.
Our Pocket Movie application for iPhone is available for FREE on the App Store for a short period of time!
Pocket Movie is location based movie theater and showtime finder. It uses the device’s GPS to find out what’s playing at local movie theaters.
Doesn’t matter where you are, the application works everywhere (at any city).
Please share your thoughts and impressions with us after downloading it. We would love to hear your suggestions for the next version of it.
We’ve finally got our hands on the Motorola Xoom and experienced Android 3.0 for the very first time. We were so excited we decided to write a review about it.
You can’t avoid comparing the Xoom to the iPad when you hold it, mainly because iOS reigns as the standard operational system on the tablet segment, but after some quite exploring Android 3.0 features we’ve found out that it has an unique set of characteristics that makes it as special as the iPad, but targeted to different consumer niches and needs.
One of the major advantage of an Android tablet is the fully customizable home screen, where the user can setup almost everything via widgets to display all kind of data, real time. The downside, it’s the high amount of process running can make the system really unstable. Every single icon on the Xoom screen is also “clickable” and brings informative data to the user, which seems pretty fun for “geek” users but may confuse new users on.
The Xoom offers what Android has best, it’s fully integrated with Google services. The user informs a gmail account and Google does all the magic (Docs, Maps and Calendar), but also synchronizes the device with all the applications downloaded from the Android Market (when you also have an Android phone).
One of the coolest features is the GTalk video conference! That’s another positive point for the “geek” score. The web browser has tabs that makes web surfing much faster on the device.
Current Android users on smartphones won’t get disappointed with Android 3.0, but we don’t believe iPad users will migrate to the platform, considering the platforms are essentially designed to attend different needs and users, but only time will tell.
Regarding the hardware, the device looks almost flawless, but the power button placed on the back of it it’s a tremendous design error. Here are the Xoom full specs taken from the Motorola website:
- Android 3.0
- 10.1 inch display
- Dual Core 1 Ghz CPU NVIDIA Tegra 2
- 1GB RAM
- Differentiation: Larger display in smaller form-factor, 1080p HD support, first tablet with Honeycomb software, dual-core 1GHz processor, and a wide range of docking options
- Dimensions: 249.1mm (h) x 167.8mm (w) x 12.9mm (d)
- Display: 10.1” 1280×800 resolution
- Weight: 730 g
- Processor: NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2: 1GHz dual-core processor
- Battery: Up to 10 hour video playback
- Connectivity: 3.5mm, micro USB 2.0 HS, Corporate Sync, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz & 5GHz 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR + HID
- Network: 3G, 4G LTE upgradeable, 802.11n w/Personal Hotspot
- Messaging/Web/AppsEmail: (Corporate Sync, Google Mail, POP3/IMAP embedded, Push Email, Yahoo Mail) , WebKit w/ Flash
- Audio: AAC, AAC+, AMR NB, AMR WB, MP3, XMF
- Video: 720p capture/1080p playback/streaming, H.263, H.264, MPEG4
- Camera: 5 MP rear-facing camera with dual LED flash/2MP front-facing camera
- Memory: 32GB on board user memory, SD card support after software update, 1GB DDR2 RAM
- Mobilepedia features The Famous Grouse for iPad
- MENSCH Magazine for iPad featured by MacMagazine and Mobilepedia
- Apple's App Store reaches 500,000 applications
- FREE SPECIAL: Pocket Movie for iPhone